Friday, February 6, 2009

Draper Temple Openhouse


Martin Luther King Jr. Day was the perfect day for a tour of the temple. Since we had 10 reservations, Grandma and Grandpa I. and Uncle Roger, Aunt Kim and Jeremy came with us.



Sierra and Spencer were really impressed. Sierra thought it was a great spiritual experience. Spencer says he is really excited to turn 12 so that he can do baptisms for the dead.

Such good kids they are!

Before the tour, we saw a video presentation at a church while we waited for the bus. Elder Holland made a few comments in the video. He spoke of eternal marriage and how heaven cannot be heaven without his wife there with him because he loves her so much. I'm sure that most people feel that way about their spouses. I can't imagine a God that will not let everyone have this desire of their hearts if they are doing their best to heed the spirit and follow God's plan for them. It is a comfort to me to feel that regardless of circumstances that might not allow for a couple to be sealed in the temple in this life, that it can most likely be taken care of in the next through work for the dead.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, when you blog, you blog.

    "I can't imagine a God that will not let everyone have this desire of their hearts if they are doing their best to heed the spirit and follow God's plan for them."

    Neither can I. This sounds like the God I choose to believe in.

    ReplyDelete